February 25, 2015

Going Back to Work in a Light-Duty Job

Are you recovering from a workplace injury or occupational disease? If so, you could tell your employer that you are interested in doing light-duty work. Light-duty work is transitional work that you can do with your medical restrictions while recovering from an injury. The Washington Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) encourages employers to provide employees recovering from workplace injuries with light-duty work because it reduces the impact of workers’ compensation claims on workers, employers, and the workers’ compensation system. In fact, L&I offers financial incentives to employers that provide light-duty work through the “Stay at Work” program. What Is […]
February 9, 2015

Is Your Injury or Illness Work-Related?

If you get hurt or sick on the job, you will qualify for workers’ compensation benefits as long as you can prove that your injury or illness is work-related. Generally speaking, you must be able to prove that you were doing something for the benefit of your employer and that it resulted in your injury or illness. In addition, you must meet other eligibility requirements to receive workers’ compensation benefits. Workers’ compensation covers injured workers’ medical bills in addition to providing a portion of their lost wages. Workers’ compensation also offers temporary disability benefits, permanent disability benefits, death benefits, and […]
January 28, 2015

Making a Workers’ Compensation Claim for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in Washington State

Repetitive stress injuries like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome are becoming increasingly common, especially as more and more workers perform their jobs at a desk with a computer and mouse. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition that affects the hands and fingers. It is caused by the compression of the median nerve, which controls sensation and movement in your hands. Symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome include pins and needles, a dull ache in the hand and arm, and pain, tingling, and numbness in the hands and fingers. Symptoms tend to develop gradually and are typically worse at night. Carpal tunnel syndrome is […]
January 5, 2015

Are You Eligible for Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Seattle?

If you are injured on the job or develop an occupational disease as a result of your work activities in Washington State, you may have the right to receive workers’ compensation benefits. Workers’ compensation pays for medical bills for injured workers and replaces lost wages if they require time off for recovery. The Washington Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) insures injured workers, unless they are employed by one of several hundred self-insured employers in Washington State. In order to qualify for workers’ compensation benefits, you must meet the following basic requirements: Be an employee of a person or company […]
December 23, 2014

Tips for Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim and Suing a Third Party

If you are injured during the course of employment or suffer from an occupational disease in the State of Washington, you cannot sue your employer or co-workers. If someone else other than your employer or a co-worker caused the injury, however, you may be entitled to additional compensation via a third-party claim. A third party that caused your injury is required by law to pay for your medical treatment and other expenses. The following are some examples of third parties in workers’ compensation cases: The owner of an animal that bit you A property owner who didn’t properly maintain the […]
December 10, 2014

Questions to Ask a Seattle Workers’ Compensation Lawyer

Suffering a workplace injury or occupational disease is a stressful experience that could come with many costs, including medical expenses, lost wages, and rehabilitation costs. If you have been injured at work, you might consider hiring a Seattle worker’s compensation lawyer to file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits, which will cover any costs associated with your injury. An attorney can advocate on your behalf to ensure that you receive the medical care and compensation you are entitled to. A lawyer can also guide you in filing a third-party claim, obtaining Social Security disability benefits, or appealing a denied claim. […]
Buy now